Line of Service: Advisory
Industry/Sector: Not Applicable
Management Level: Associate
Job Description & Summary
As a consultant in Valuations, you will be part of a team of professionals that works closely with the client, focusing on a wide spectrum of valuation issues. Our job is to provide our clients with advice that enables them to make better decisions. For example, performing valuations for clients that are buying or selling a business, making strategic decisions or setting up their tax structure.
- You have a master degree in science, (Industrial) Engineering, Business Administration, (Business) Economics, Econometrics or a technical study programme. If you have a degree in another discipline and have an affinity with the field described above, we would also encourage you to apply for this position;
- You have up to 2 years of relevant work experience;
- You have a strong focus on the cutting edge of finance and strategy;
- You are driven and have a distinctive opinion that you like to share with others;
- You are analytical and pragmatic and have good communication skills;
- You enjoy working in a team and have a good sense of humour;
- You enjoy using your practical and creative skills to analyse and resolve issues;
- You find it stimulating to work on large-impact engagements in which you get to deal with senior management at the client’s organisation.
The Valuations team is part of the Deals division at PwC Advisory. The Deals division works on all deal related issues of our clients, from strategy to post-deal integration. In practice, this means that you will often be working on assignments with colleagues from other PwC divisions and colleagues from other countries. The services of the Valuations team are called upon in various situations, such as:
- With the purchase or sale of an enterprise or business unit: what is an enterprise worth, what are the synergy benefits, and what is a sensible price?
- Fairness opinions and second opinions with respect to mergers and acquisitions;
- Drawing up and assessing of prognoses;
- Value creation analyses: why does an enterprise lag behind the competition and how can additional value be created?
- Construction of M&A and valuation models for clients which they will use to make decisions and continue monitoring the performance of a business after a transaction;
- Valuations required for disputes between parties, for example as a result of an acquisition;
- Tax structuring: through value determination and modelling, providing insights into the financial impact of various tax decisions;
- Financial statement analysis (post-deal): performing Purchase Price Allocations after closing the transaction and providing support with the annual impairment testing procedures.
What do we offer
Working at PwC means working with diverse clients and inspiring colleagues and with extensive employee benefits that are drafted with your future growth and flexible work-life balance in mind.
We will devote much attention to your personal and technical development. New employees soon get to join our professionals at clients and are immediately involved on a strategic level (i.e. boardroom). Consequently, this gives you the opportunity to grow your career quickly.
Are you interested, do you recognize yourself in our purpose and values and do you fit in with the profile? Then upload your resume and motivation directly at step 3 after clickking the apply button. We will be in touch within two weeks to report on your application's progress. Do you still have questions in the meantime? Then switch with Romaana Bharos our recruiter via +31(0)88 792 35 30; email@example.com.
Note:Applications will only be accepted when all required documents are uploaded.
Available for Work Visa Sponsorship?: No
Government Clearance Required?: No