The core of our Virtual Data Lake uses techniques from modern cryptography to enable unique privacy features. However, the core would be worthless without an intuitive client-facing application – and that’s where you come in! You will play a pivotal role in designing and developing new features in our customer-facing applications as well as designing and building efficient back-ends and smart API-layers in-between. This is an all-round engineering position, meaning that the challenges you solve will engage your front- and back-end development skills, as well as your UI-design skills.
Your responsibilities include:
- Designing web app architecture and the user interactions;
- Developing back-ends and middleware, including RESTful APIs and documentation;
- Creating database models and designing how this data is presented to the user;
- Developing our web apps with a focus on cross-platform and responsiveness;
- Close cooperation with the cryptography and customer deployment teams;
- Design, develop and implement application solutions that make our products more intuitive and more effective for our users, while not compromising on the strong security and privacy guarantees;
- Working in sprints with an agile methodology in close alignment with the scrum team and the product owners;
- Proactively identify opportunities and solutions for improvement of the application code;
- Design friendly and intuitive UI and APIs (customers typically work in healthcare, law enforcement, energy, cyber security).
We are looking for a colleague who can identify with the following description:
- University degree (MSc) in a field that is relevant for the description below, with a curious, creative, and analytical mindset;
- Experience in projects that involve databases and algorithms, but also well-versed with user-facing technologies;
- The ability to translate requirements and mockups into fully functioning web-applications, taking care of both the front- and back-end;
- Experience in designing and building RESTful APIs, especially in Python;
- Prior experience in designing UI/UX is a plus;
- Hands-on experience with deploying on Linux environments is a plus (being comfortable on the command line);
- You have an international orientation and experience. You speak English at a professional level;
- You are hands-on, proactive, organized, and structured. You have a strong eye for quality;
- You are creative and not afraid to step outside of your comfort zone. You can quickly respond to changes in the environment and deliver short-cyclical value in an Agile way;
- You enjoy working in a small team of a fast-growing start-up with many opportunities but also many uncertainties.
We offer attractive employment conditions that suit a start-up in this phase; participation is an option. We value a high-performance culture built around our core values: customer, quality, and team. Where, how, and when you work is up to you.
Applying for this role
- Currently, this position is open for candidates with an EU work permit that are based in The Netherlands or are willing to move there;
- When applying for this role, please include links that highlight your relevant experience, such as GitHub, Stack Overflow, or portfolio websites;
Does this sound like your dream job but you don’t tick all the boxes? Please do reach out, we are very keen to get to know you!