Your journey as a software engineer intern:
Our 12-week internship is your chance to learn what it means to be an engineer in a real-world environment. It’s about much more than just writing code: you’ll gain insight into algorithm complexity and data structures, get to know IMC’s unique business model and build valuable connections with our trading and technology teams. Where you go from here is up to you â€“ the majority of our interns secure a graduate position at the end of the programme.
What you can expect:
As a software engineer intern, you will:
- Have an intensive first week of classroom-based training, giving you a deep dive in the trading landscape
- Enhance your knowledge of algorithm complexity, data structures and writing fluent code
- Receive support from a dedicated mentor
- Learn about IMC’s unique business model and way of working
- Network and build relationships with our trading and technology teams
- Take part in tailor-made workshops for your personal development, pair programming and peer reviews
- Enjoy a highly competitive compensation package, with accommodation included
Reasons why this is your future internship
- You thrive working on meaningful and challenging projects
- You want to do much more than just write code and design technology
- You’re aiming to secure a graduate position before actually graduating
What we look for:
- In (pen)ultimate year of Computer Science, Software Engineering degree or a related field
- Strong analytical skills and a desire to solve complicated problems programmatically
- Proficient experience in a programming language (Java or C++ preferred)
- Genuine interest in financial markets, though no prior knowledge or experience is required
- Available for at least 12 weeks
Ready to apply?
Our hiring process, including tips on applying and interviewing with IMC, is described on our website. Now it’s up to you! Apply today to start your journey with IMC.