Drieam is an EdTech scale-up, passionate about developing & implementing software to enable the ultimate learning experience. We’re with 30 young and committed professionals who constantly strive to improve the lives of teachers, students and staff all over the world. Does this sound like something you’d want to be a part of? Read on!
Within our young and dynamic team you are going to:
- Join the development of our React & Ruby-on-Rails applications. For example, you can work on a significant improvement of one of our LTI apps for Canvas being used by many students at (applied) universities, or develop a completely new app from scratch. We will fill in the concrete assignment together, based on your knowledge and interests. Assignments always include a research / architectural component, and will be challenging.
- The goal is always to deliver production-level code, because you learn the most from it. Of course, you get extensive feedback on your pull requests from our senior developers, to get your code on the right level.
- Actively think about product improvements, and participate in the sprint meetings (SCRUM).
Many of our innovations are around the Canvas learning environment. For example, several of our software applications are in the Canvas App store; FeedPulse QualtricsLTI & StudyCoach. Moreover, we are developing EduFrame, a complete solution for commercial training providers. This consists of the website for the training provider, the course administration system and the online learning environment. All of these are seamlessly integrated.
You are enthusiastic, ambitious and a real go-getter. Combined with a good set of knowledge, you are aiming to make big steps in your software development skills. In addition:
- Are you a student at HBO or University level?
- Do you have experience with developing user-friendly software? (passion & experience matters, specific languages/framework doesn't matter too much)
- Can you can work independently and show initiative?
What awaits you
- Working for a young and ambitious company. Creating user-friendly software is essential for our success, so the standards are high. Of course you will be actively supported in this challenge.
- The freedom and responsibility to make a real difference.
- We make decisions as a team, and you are an important part of it!
- Work with Ruby-on-Rails for backend, React for frontend (our own UI library incorporating Ant Design), GitHub Actions and Heroku. We spent a lot of time on continuously improving our technology stack
- Test driven development using tools like RSpec for backend unit and integration tests, Capybara for end-to-end tests and Jest with Enzyme for frontend tests
- Lots of personal development and focus on code quality, including pair programming, extensive code reviews, architecture reviews and of course (online) courses and meet-ups
- An informal and international environment
- A free and delicious lunch every single day
- Mind-blowing team events