Software Engineer C++/ C#
Do you want to use your software engineering knowledge to make the world more sustainable and liveable? Are you ready for the challenge of preventing flooding and/or drought and working on smart software solutions for issues in delta areas? Please read on! For our unit Deltares Software Center (DSC) we are looking for a:
Software Engineer C++/ C#
The Deltares Software Center (DSC) unit develops, among other things, numerical simulation software, which makes use of various technologies, making use of physics, (numerical) mathematics, and/or data science. DSC's Hydrodynamics and Morphology Software department focuses on the development of high-quality software products aimed at modeling coastal areas, estuaries, rivers and rural & urban areas, including the D-HYDRO suite.
Our teams work agile and product-oriented, using modern development techniques. Main development languages for this function are C++ and C#. In addition, we use Fortran, Python and Julia. The specialists from the various disciplines of Deltares are closely involved in the specification and validation of new software developments.
What can you expect as a Software Engineer?
- You work in multidisciplinary teams on user-friendly scientific software for the provision of vital information to society;
- You work together with scientific software engineers and (numerical mathematical) specialists on software products in a scrum team;
- You analyze the software requirements together with product owners and specialists;
- You accelerate and renew existing simulation models, using the latest IT options;
- You participate in the maintenance and support process, investigating customer problems and improving and renewing the software products;
- You play a role in the use, configuration and improvement of our software engineering and deployment processes;
- You contribute to improving our software modules and our way of working, and you enthusiastically share these ideas.
What does Deltares expect from you as a Software Engineer?
- You have an MSc or HBO degree in Computer Science (or a comparable education);
- You have an affinity with natural sciences and you have at least 3 to 5 years of experience with software development;
- You have experience with C# and C++ and perhaps other programming languages (Python, Julia);
- Knowledge of topics such as software architecture, Continuous Integration, Unit Testing, and Object Oriented Programming (OO);
- Concepts such as Design Patterns are a plus;
- You speak and write English fluently and if you don't speak Dutch you are willing to learn this quickly (via our Dutch curriculum).
What we offer you
- A motivated team to work in where you are helpen developing innovative software solutions for complex problems;
- Deltares is characterized by an open and collaborative culture;
- Deltares offers a competitive salary. Scaling takes place based on your experience, up to a maximum of €5,861.54 gross per month, based on. a 40-hour work week;
- ABP average pay pension, 34 vacation days, a vitality budget and a mobility budget;
- Excellent training opportunities for your personal and professional development;
- There are good facilities for working from home;
- A diverse and inclusive work environment*.
Do your qualities match the job profile? Then apply directly via the apply button and upload your CV and motivation letter. Do you have questions about the vacancy? Please contact Brian de Bruin (HR Recruitment Officer; firstname.lastname@example.org; +31615267686).
The procedure consists of two job interviews in total.
* Deltares is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without distinction. We support a respectful work environment in which all people and talents are valued.