Quality Assurance Engineer
Do you have some experience as quality assurance engineer, software tester, developer or similar job? And do you have the passion to help deliver high quality software products and to identify and promote improvements to better achieve this? Then we have the job for you! We are looking for a Quality Assurance Engineer who likes to innovate software and themselves!
Our unit Deltares Software Centre, develops and distributes software solutions to help clients, such as Goverments, waterboards, engineering agencies with water and subsurface questions. In your role as quality assurance engineer your main goal is to help, together with your agile development team, to improve the quality of our software products. Software quality is of paramount importance to our strategy. Therefore, we are looking for a motivated quality assurance engineer to help us maintain our high-quality standards.
Your main activities consist of:
- On a daily basis you will interact with stakeholders to translate the vision into concrete acceptance criteria that you will then apply, test or control in the software products. That means you need to have strong communication skills to level with various audiences;
- To accomplish this you design, create and acquire tools such as: maintain test cases, representative data test plans and reports, scripts (for example in Python or other language), documents with your findings so that the entire team can work on them;
- Supporting product owners in representing the point of view of the users in understanding their workflows, and to support prioritize bugs that are encountered.
- Carrying out manual tests for our software applications, automating where appropriate, and providing clear reports and reproduction steps for any issues encountered
The teams consist of a mixture of scientific and software specialists with combined skills, experience, and collective responsibility to deliver high quality results. This provides the setting and opportunity for everybody to learn and develop new skills, while applying existing strengths.
What does Deltares expect from you?
- Higher Vocational Education background in computer science, civil engineering, mathematics or similar and preferably experience in quality assurance in the field of software development (or similar engineering domain);
- An understanding that quality in software development goes far beyond the "Testing Column". That means a pro-active approach, able to organize, prioritize and take an initiative to move forward together with the rest of your team;
- You enjoy working as part of a diverse, multi-cultural team.
The following experiences are also considered helpful:
- Experience with scripting languages (such as Python) and with automated testing tools (e. g. Selenium/Appium, Cucumber, Gherkin, Ranorex);
- Past experience with scientific modelling and simulation software (particularly in the fields of hydrodynamics and morphology).
What we offer:
- Deltares offers a market conform salary. Scaling will be based on your experience;
- An informal, dynamic and challenging working environment;
- Excellent training opportunities for personal and professional growth;
- ABP average salary pension, 34 days of vacation, vitality budget and a mobility budget;
- Working from home is well facilitated;
- Our Campus in Delft contains unique facilities such as the Delta Flume and our iD-lab, an interactive data research laboratory;
- A diverse and inclusive working environment.*
Would you like to contribute to a research institute, with an international spirit, helping people all over the world in the fields of water and subsurface? Ado you fit the job qualifications? Then apply directly by uploading your CV and cover letter. If you have any questions about the vacancy you can contact Brian de Bruin (HR Recruitment Officer; email@example.com).
*Deltares is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.