Are you an experienced DevOps engineer or tester? Do you want to accelerate the development and deployment cycle of scientific software? Do you enjoy working in an environment with a mix of client interaction and technical development? Do you have a background in Linux and in building systems and containers?
What can you expect as DevOps Engineer
The Deltares Software Centre (DSC) unit develops, among other things, numerical simulation software, using various techniques such as flexible meshes, high performance computing, modelling frameworks and game engines. DSC's Software Product Development department focuses on the development of high-quality software products. Recent examples are the development of the Legal Assessment Tools for the national flood defense systems and the D-HYDRO software suite. This package is specifically aimed at modelling coastal areas, estuaries, rivers and rural & urban areas.
You will work within a Product Development team of approximately 15 people to test, build, document and deploy scientific modelling software. You will help the team improve their build and test environment and guide them in the best practices in these areas.
Your main activities include:
- Containerize and deploy our scientific modelling software at High Performance Clusters and support our internal and external clients in doing so.
- Structure and maintain the testbench, resolve issues with the relevant experts when they arise.
- Create regular builds of the software. Communicate and deliver these to stakeholders.
- Advise developers on the right structure and manner of testing and testing automation.
- Perform continuous upgrades of the build and test toolchain.
- Maintain documentation structure and templates, maintain the overall document structure and ensure consistency.
What does Deltares expect from you?
- You are a motivated professional with Bachelor level degree in Informatics or similar.
- Familiar with different build systems such as CMake and Automake; container systems such as Docker and Singularity and CI/CD systems such as TeamCity and Ansible scripts.
- Experienced with system administration on Linux and Windows.
- Able to organize and maintain an extensive test suite and spar with experts on issue triage and solutions.
- Ability to maintain LaTeX documentation for scientific software is a plus.
- Team player with the ability to work independently.
- Able to work in an open, inclusive, and constructive way; proactive and with a drive to continuously challenge and develop yourself.
What we offer:
- The scaling (scale 15 or 16) and the amount (maximum 5.978,77- bruto for a 40-hours workweek in scale 16) of your salary will be based on education and experience;
- An informal, dynamic and challenging working environment.
- Excellent training opportunities for personal and professional growth.
- ABP average salary pension, 34 days of vacation, vitality budget and a mobility budget.
- Working from home is well facilitated.
- A diverse and inclusive working environment.*
Are you interested in this job and do you fit the job qualifications? Then apply directly by uploading your CV and cover letter.
If you have any questions about the vacancy you can contact Brian de Bruin (HR Recruitment Officer; firstname.lastname@example.org).
*Deltares is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.