Interested in the financial world, developing models, applying machine learning algorithms in practice and also looking for a nice job as a Risk Consultant? View our vacancy and come work at RiskQuest!
A day in the life of a RiskQuest'er:
- Together with your RiskQuest colleagues you enter the client, a leading Dutch financial institution. First you drink a coffee with your colleagues and discuss the latest financial news.
- Then you start planning your day: an efficient arrangement of the day ensures that you are maximum productive today.
- Then the real work begins: together with RiskQuest colleagues and internal employees of the customer, you create models to perfectly estimate risks for the customer.
- During your work you often give presentations and you discuss your model with the client. After all, a good model is not only a model that predicts well, but also a model with which the customer is 100% satisfied.
- Is it Friday? On to the RiskQuest office on the Herengracht. The week is rounded off with a presentation on the latest developments in our field, a joint lunch and then a meeting. But before the weekend starts, there is still a weekly drink or outing: will it be a cruise through the canals of Amsterdam, or will you really have to work on a game of squash?
The most successful Risk Consultants have the following experience and competencies:
- An (almost) completed MSc. or PhD. in a quantitative field of study (econometrics, mathematics, physics or related studies).
- Knowledge and interest in programming and analyzing large amounts of data using. Matlab, SAS, R or Python.
- High problem-solving capacity and able to distinguish main and side issues.
- Excellent communication and writing skills in Dutch and English.
RiskQuest is the leading consultancy specialized in developing and validating (risk) models for the financial sector. We deal with all kinds of risks: credit risk, market risk, but we also make models that predict things such as money laundering using machine learning techniques. In addition, we also provide clients with specialized advice on strategic risk management issues. Our customers? We work for all major banks and insurers, but we also work for regulators and clients outside the financial sector.
In addition to delicious lunches and sporting outings, RiskQuest offers excellent employment conditions such as:
- Challenging projects: you can immediately participate fully in large, challenging projects.
- Varied work locations: within a few years you will have seen all the major financial institutions in the Netherlands.
- A great team of more than 30 ambitious, social colleagues.
- Plenty of room and budget for personal development.
- An above-average salary and a very good bonus scheme
- And last but not least: a fantastic work location in the Golden Bend, in the heart of Amsterdam
What do you think? Perfect match?
Do you feel addressed by the above? Then you are our dream candidate. Apply directly via our website. Questions about the application process? Call Jiske, our Business Manager!